06 March 2011

Daddy Loves His Babies





















"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

As you can see from the pictures, Erik loves the babies and the belly they are occupying. He finally got to feel some movement this week. The babies must have been doing flips, because the movements were huge this week and I was so excited he got to feel them. It occurred, of all places, at the grocery store. Here we were walking through the health market area and the baby on the left side makes a huge move that stops me in my tracks, Erik was right there to feel the huge kick. He felt the middle baby just yesterday when the baby kicked at his head as he was laying on my belly. He has yet to feel the baby on the right side. But that one is moving like crazy as well . I can't wait to find out the genders and name them, so we don't have to refer to them as baby on the right, left, and middle. It is so amazing to feel them move....I absolutely love it and I can't wait for Erik to feel them move even more. I must say that once we do find out the genders, I fear the shopping spree that Erik will go on. He loves the little outfits we see everywhere and he can hardly resist the temptation to buy things now. I agree it is fun to picture the babies in the adorable little outfits, but they may have more clothes then they can ever wear. I may have to reign him in...hahaha! What a fun daddy the triplets have!

Thoughts for the day:
At church today as we sang and worshiped God, we sang about our Holy God. The word Holy stuck out to me, so this afternoon I decided to do a word study on Holy. The dictionary defines Holy as sacred, sinless, and deserving reverence. That definition truly fits God. I read through several scriptures referring to holy. My bible also defines holy, in terms of us being holy, as being set apart for God and separated from sin. My footnotes say, holiness involves being consecrated to the Lord's service and thus being separated from the commonplace. Hebrews 12:14 tell us, "without holiness no one will see the Lord." God is holy and he wants us to live holy lives for him as well, being set apart from this world. I long for holiness, to look different from the world, to reflect God's love to each person I come in contact with. Of all the scriptures I read regarding the word holy my favorite passage came from Psalm 111:9. I have written out the entire Psalm below and highlighted verse 9. This is a beautiful Psalm and one that I will think of for many days to come.

Hallelujah!
I give thanks to God with everything I've got.
God's works are so great, worth
A lifetime of study - endless enjoyment!
Splendor and beauty mark his craft;
His generosity never gives out.
His miracles are his memorial -
This God of Grace, this God of Love.
He gave food to those who fear him.
He remembered to keep his ancient promise.
He proved to his people that he could do what he said:
Hand them the nations on a platter - a gift!
He manufactures truth and justice;
All his products are guaranteed to last -
Never out-of-date, never obsolete, rust-proof.
All that he makes and does is honest and true:
He paid the ransom for his people,
He ordered his Covenant kept forever.
He's so personal and holy, worthy of our respect.
The good life begins in the fear of God -
Do that and you'll know the blessing of God.
His Hallelujah lasts forever!
Psalm 111 (The Message)

He is a personal God. He is worthy of our respect, our praise, our love, and our devotion. Meet with him today...it will be so worth it!

Love you all!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment