14 February 2011

Love is in the air!

Happy Valentine's Day! I must brag on my husband. First of all, I think he is the best husband I could have ever been blessed with. I am not worthy of everything he does for me. He amazes me each day. God did good when he created my Erik! My amazing husband surprised me this weekend and took me away for a valentine's day weekend. He's such a romantic. We stayed at a beautiful Bed & Breakfast about 30 miles outside of Liberty. The Western Way Bed & Breakfast sits on 55 acres of beautiful countryside. We had our own cozy cabin. It was truly a retreat from everything. There was no cell phone service and of course no computers. It was so peaceful and quiet....more quiet than I've experienced in a really long time. It was so relaxing that I wasn't ready to come home. It was just the getaway we both needed. We also had a lot of time to talk about all the changes coming our way with our 3 little blessings. Let me say, I've been excited about these babies from day 1, but this weekend as we talked about them I got even more excited. For the first time I thought of all the joy we are going to experience with them. It will be those little moments with each of them that will bring me great pleasure!

We were not able to attend church on Sunday with being at the B&B, so we had our own time in the scripture together. Last week our pastor spoke on 1 Corinthians 13:1-4. One quote that stuck out to me, and seems poignant for Valentine's Day was, "Apart from God I am nothing and apart from love I am nothing." God's love is the greatest gift we are given...and it's free to anyone! I have been asking God to reveal himself to me each day. This weekend I saw God's love in my husband as he put together this weekend for us and showered me with blessing. We ended our Sunday morning with God by reading the following, I hope it helps your day and puts TRUE LOVE into perspective.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut.
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first",
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (The Message)


Have a blessed day! God loves you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment