12 July 2011

34 Weeks!

I've made it to another milestone, 34 weeks! I realize my belly isn't as huge as many people think it should be....and I must admit I am tired of hearing people say, "wow twins, your belly is so small for twins." It's as if people don't believe two babies are inside my uterus. Trust me they are both in there and growing strong. Erik says that they must be saying I look good and that I should be flattered. And to that I say...then just tell me I look good, don't comment on the size of my uterus. I'm healthy and my babies are healthy...enough said. Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. Hormones...they kind of make me crazy.

Because I've been in my house so very much for so very many months...the small things are exciting to me. Some days the highlight of my day is riding in the van to Sonic for a cherry limeade. Now with doctor appointments and non-stress tests twice each week that is what I look forward to. Those are the days I shower, put on makeup, and dress in real clothes. I love those days. Now with the heat sweltering, I haven't even been able to go to the pool. It's just too hot, I think the pool water may feel like bath water and not be refreshing at all. So I sit in my air conditioned home...waiting. Thank God for air conditioning....it's a blessing!

Sitting here is making my mind go a bit crazy. I feel like there are so many things still to think about and do before babies arrive. I've been reading about everything from breastfeeding to immunizations. So much information...so much to learn. It's hard to be totally prepared for one baby, so what does it look like for two babies? I know that I over analyze and try to figure it all out. But what I'm learning is, I just have to cross each bridge as I come to it and pray, pray, pray. God has entrusted these babies to me, and He will guide me in my challenges of motherhood. I've gotten so much good advice and so much support from my mommy friends. So all of you mommies out there, after the babies arrive if you receive a call early in the morning or late at night..it's probably me needing that advice or support. I can't forget the support of my amazing husband....he knows more than I do. Because he's a pediatric nurse, he's been teaching me so much. I think I've asked the same questions 10 times, but he's so patient with me and always answers graciously. He hopes to be home for 3-4 weeks after the babies arrive, which will be so wonderful. He is not going to want to leave his girls for a second. He's so sweet with them now, I am so excited to see them in his arms.

What's Jamie Reading?
It's been awhile since I've talked about the books I've been reading, but don't worry I haven't slowed down. Like I said above right now I'm reading mostly baby related books, including; The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding from La Leche League International and Healing the New Childhood Epidemics (Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies) by Kenneth Bock. Two huge books with tons and tons of great information.
For fun I'm reading, Dear Harry, Love Bess by Clifton Truman Daniel. The book is a culmination of Bess Truman's letters to Harry Truman. The fun part of this book is my sisters name is listed under the Acknowledgments. My little sister, Kate Schuler, helped the author Clifton Daniel with transcribing the letters from Harry and Bess. I even helped her a few times. So fun to see her name in print in a published book! She's famous to me! Love ya Kate!


Thanks for reading!
Jamie

5 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your posts!! They are upbeat and positive and something I look forward to. I have to say, to me, you look like my sister did when she was expecting her twins. The boys showed up at 34 weeks, I hope your girls stay where it's safe and sound a while longer.

    I'm so very happy for you and Erik. God couldn't have picked to better people to be the parents of Hope and Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been reading your blog for awhile now but I'm not big on making comments. So here's my first. :) You look FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you and Eric. You look like you are feeling great which is such a blessing. Can't wait to meet the girls! Love and prayers from my end! Your cousin, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jamie,

    You probably don't remember me, but my husband Brandon and I attended the HOPE Ministries infant loss group at the same time you and Erik did after we lost our son, Caden, in June of 2008. Your story of your journey with Ivy touched our hearts and we have kept up with you through mutual acquaintances. I recently recieved your blog address and just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you await the arrival of your precious girls!

    With Hope, Lindsey Carlson
    http://thecarlsoncrew.blogspot.com
    http://cadenscubs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie and Erik!

    Wow! Jamie, you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! You're girls are going to be a gorgeous as you are! :) I know time is winding down and I'm sure that "nesting" is starting to kick in, but you are a strong woman who defiantly has the heart in the right place. Praying that the next few weeks go smoothly. Just remember, you're going to get bombarded with people suggesting things and what they would or wouldn't do. ALWAYS fallow your gut feeling. It's the mother intuition in us. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete